Creating a promotion campaign
We will detail how to create a campaign with the web platform. At the end of this article, you'll know how to create a new campaign and how to set rules for it.
To read the API process to create a campaign please follow the guide of our API for promotions here
- You never created a campaign on Kweeri before (otherwise the onboarding will not show, assuming that you already know how to proceed)
- An image of a receipt is stored on your computer and will match at least one validation rule
This image must respect the guidelines of our system if you want it to be analyzed with confidence.
- Go to the
Promotionmenu item of the left menu
- You should see the "Getting started Guide" that will guide you through the process
- We will create a test campaign, name it with a simple name, select a language for the campaign. Then click
Selecting the right language is very important as it will impact the performance of analysis.
- Your campaign is now created, you can already send receipts to it, but it would be pretty useless as it does not have any validation rules to apply on receipts. The guide suggests that you "Add Validation Rules", so click on it.
- You are redirected to the "Rules set up" screen, this screen will guide you through the creation of multiple validations to check against each receipt that is sent to this campaign.
First, enter a name for this set of rules, this is especially useful for retrieving a given set of rules when our system sends you the full analysis in JSON format.
Edit rules as you wish, adding for example a period for this promotion
And a product name to detect in receipts
By clicking on "Edit List" in the "Product to detect in Receipts" section a window appears:
When I add a product name here it means "I want all receipts in the campaign to contain one of the products in the list to validate my rules". In order to do it the right way, you can follow our guidelines from our documentation here (part "How to select terms for ItemRules").
Add a product name that can be on a receipt and which you want to be present in order to validate the promotions, then click save.
Now scroll down to the "Summary" section, you should see a sentence explaining which rules you have entered on the step 6. and 7.
On the right we generate for you the rules as
JSONthat is compatible with our API.
This is especially useful when you want to test a set of complex rules on the UI to reuse them via a more automated process via your back-end / API. Or just to learn how the rules API works.
See the API details here
You can test product rules directly from the interface to check if your product keywords will match your created rules.
Now that your rule set is working, you need to save it. Click on the
Save Rulebutton at the bottom right side of the window.
Uploading a receipt
Now some magic, you should have been redirected to the main campaign screen:
Take a receipt image that contains the product name that you have set in the campaign rule set from the steps 6. to 12., drag & drop it to the corresponding zone on the screen.
🎉 You have finished the onboarding process, nice job!